There are many ways to take Medical Marijuana and by saying “Marijuana Safety” we do not mean overdosing, as you cannot. It is in how you may take it, what devices you use to take it and with whom you may take it with. We simply list the ways, safe and effective, to ingest medical marijuana based on years of experience and research. These are just ways that you can safely take your medicine and to get the full benefits of it.
Medical Marijuana is no different than when you are taking prescription pain killers, sleeping medicines, etc. You must always use precaution.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if impaired by cannabis (indicas can be especially sedating)
- Cannabis mixed with alcohol may cause vomiting and nausea.
- Heavy smoking with no harm reduction techniques (i.e. smoking small amounts of high potency organic cannabis) may lead to respiratory irritation.
- Hold shared joints and other shared smoking implements so as not to touch your lips to them.
- Choose organic cannabis whenever possible to minimize exposure to radioactivity and chemicals. This is especially important for people with compromised immune systems.
There are several effective and different ways to use the medical marijuana to attain its therapeutic values and benefits. Each of them may be more effective for certain symptoms, based on certain circumstances, and each can be done in a manner that promotes its safety and effectiveness.
Of all the ways to take medical marijuana, the quickest way to feel the effects and to receive its most potent effects is by some form of inhalation. If you were to use another method, you might have to use more to get the same therapeutic effects. For the most part, it really comes down to what each individual patient feels most comfortable with. Ann Arbor Health Collective will be able to advise and recommend to you the method that might best suit your needs.